The Army Sports Lottery (ASL) was established in Sept. 93 to provide additional non-public funds for sport to those available from other sources. ASL is registered with the Gambling Commission and is administered by ‘Army Sport’ which has charitable status.
ASL is a series of weekly lotteries. Tickets cost £1 each per week with a maximum of 5 tickets per person. Winners are determined by a random number selector system. The draw is independently witnessed. Prize winners are notified by letter to all units and are announced on local Service’s radio, where the service exists.
Activities We Support
- Individual officers, soldiers and teams undertaking an authorised Overseas Tour/Visit.
- Olympic, World, Commonwealth Games and other International competitors.
- AWSA Winter Sports Competitions.
- AS Charitable Fund.
- Coaching and Officiating Courses
- Other sporting activities/requirements.